Future direction of python implementation of RSocket

Hi,

I am very new to RSocket but keen on helping out with implementation of RSocket-Py (https://github.com/rsocket/rsocket-py). There are many essential core features left out for future implementation, for example, the only communication mode that works out of the box is request-response and nothing else, or the only option for underlying transport is TCP.

I am not sure what’s the future plan of the original author but seeing that last activity on the repository was 2 years ago hasnt inspire any confidence.

What I would like to do is rejuvenate some life into it, but I am not sure where to begin.

Hi,

We’ve been getting lots of interest in the rsocket-py lately. I need to check, but I believe the original author moved onto other things. We’ve been thinking about different ways to move the project forward. One thing we’ve been thinking about is wrapping the C++ library. Always looking for help. If you’re interested in helping send me a pm and we can work out the details.

Thanks,
Robert

Hi,

Yes, I am definitely interest in continuing with the development of RSocket in python. I can put in at least few days a week to get it started. How can I reach you ?

Hey,

in case you’re still interested or anyone else ends up here.
I started this:

I needed a RSocket implementation this is what I came up with so far.
I’m testing it against a spring-boot application using ‘message/x.rsocket.routing.v0’.

It still lacks important features but allows some basic usage. Maybe it can serve as a starting point.

• No Resume Support
  • No Cancel Support
  • No Backpressure (uses RxPy which itself has no backpressure support…)
  • No Lease Support
  • Only TCP Socket
  • No Unittests
  • Only Client implementation
  • No Request Channel
  • No Fragmentation as Requester

Possible

• Request Response
  • Request Stream
  • Request FNF
  • MessageRouting and json serialization
  • Fragmentation as responder but somehow not working with spring boot